Friday, October 28, 2011

To Orb or Not to Orb...





I bought a pair of these guys about a year ago, then had to step away from photography as a shooter for most of that time.  Family first.  Then the Westcott Apollo Orb comes out and I started drooling.  I was digging through my modifier bag the other day and pulled out a couple umbrella's and didn't think much about them.  Then today I remembered what they were.  3 inches smaller then the Orb at Two (yes I said a pair) at $25.  And since the flash is outside the box you should be able to angle it better without adding a boom arm.  

I'm going to test these guys out this weekend.  If they're my Modifier Monday pick, you know I like what I saw.  If it's a case of "You get what you pay for", they'll be another pick Monday and I'll start saving my pennies for an Orb.  Tune in Monday and have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment