Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stocking Stuffer Sunday: Studio AC Light Socket


From now until Christmas I'll throw in a Stocking Stuffer idea for the Photographer in your life.  If you have no one that understands the joy these items might bring you, you have my permission to stuff your own stocking!  

For my first pick, I'm promoting this little guy;


 I picked up a couple for a few bucks when I needed to pad an order of a couple books for my wife.  It was either pay $$ for shipping or get some cheap gear to try.  Turned out it wasn't as cheap as I was expecting.  On\Off switch in the back, locks in tight to angle an umbrella.  I've used them a couple times with a 100 watt Daylight Fluorescent bulb or two to throw a little light on the subject.  Add a multi-bulb adapter and you have a cheap yet descent continuous light.  In a dark room, set one up to aid focusing.  They don't take up a lot of space, you just have to make sure you pack the bulbs safely.  Go to your local Meier, Walmart or other department store and get a nice hardshell case in the hunting section to protect fragile items.  

So to the Photographers out there:  Merry Christmas to all, and to all some good light!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment