Monday, January 2, 2012

Modifier Monday: Strobox.com

My New Years resolution this year is to get behind the camera more and put all those great modifiers I've talked about the last few months to good use.  And I'll be using Strobox.com and the Strobox iPhone\iPad app to help me remember what my setup was and to post the image and light diagram.  It's a good resource to see what everyone is doing, and get some great ideas for the new year.

If you were looking for a recommendation for a new toy, 2012 is going to be the year of the shooter in my house, and I'll be posting those shots here and on Strobox.  The best of the best will be put on 500px.com.  Look for StrobeOhio there.

For those that know my situation, 2011 was a tough year for me.  My 9 year old daughter suffers from glaucoma and has been left with vision in only one eye.  The pressure in that good eye hit 49 a year ago and she had to undergo surgery, leaving her blind for a good portion of the summer and a long road to recovery.  a couple weeks ago I received an early Christmas present.  A week before Christmas, we had a follow up pressure test.  She had been improving, but this test came back at 5.  5 is a perfect number!  The doctor, like Santa checked it twice and confirmed the low reading and declared the surgery a success and made my year.  

So, now I have nothing to hold me back.  No excuses to not start the year with shutters blazing.  I'm hoping 2012 will allow me to do all the creative things I set out to do in 2011 and more.  I'm hoping there will be a lot of folks joining me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment