Sunday, July 3, 2011

Speed

This was my first bike race I photographed.  We had a PhotoWalk and the first shots I took were tack sharp...and terrible.  Kind of like the helicopter that was dropping easter eggs on a soccer field while my daughter and the other "hunters" looked on.  When we're used to seeing items in motion, especially if they fly, our mind doesn't like them to be frozen.  Each time I look at that helicopter image, I expect it to fall from the sky.  I originally was amazed that I could freeze rotors!!  It didn't dawn on me until it was too late that freezing rotors was not a good thing!  The same goes when photographing bikes, cars and boats.  Get a little motion into the image!

One more tip...when practicing for the "Pro" race by photographing the warm up races, be prepared for the Pros to be moving much, much faster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment